Trailblazers Unite!

You know how whenever you go for a run you come back like: "Oh my gosh I worked out so hard. That run must have been like 5 miles..."

and then you go to your computer and map it out on Google, or you drive the route in your car, and see you barely hit 2 miles?

Those days are behind you.

At Livestrong's website Run.com you can plan runs in your area and map them out beforehand from start to finish. You can factor in how many calories you'll burn depending on your speed. You can also switch the setting if you decide to bike or walk the route.

The site also allows you to save your route and post it for other readers. You can mark important spots so followers know where they can stop for a water break, or if there are bathrooms along the way.

For those who prefer a well-traveled run, there are already a bunch of pre-mapped routes in the Los Angeles area with options of 3, 5, or 10 miles.


I am trying to work my way up to the Fairfax/Hancock Park path eventually but for now I'll be taking the road less traveled and making my own maps.

Comments