Satisfying Your Summer Sweet Tooth

In keeping with my recent kick I realized that frozen fruits make a wonderful mid-day dessert.

When it's hot outside I'm always itching for something to satisfy my sweet tooth like ice cream or a Popsicle. After lunch at work is particulary hard, especially with the Diddy Riese truck outside. Even if I avoid that, I will likely end up heading to the break room hoping it's someones birthday.

Today however, I remembered that I had some leftover frozen blueberries usually reserved for my smoothies, so I poured them in a bowl and started popping them individually.

If you've never tried frozen grapes or blueberries before, this might sound strange to you. But these frozen foods are surprisingly excellent snacks. They're not too hard to chew and they retain their sweetness. In fact, it's practically like eating guilt-free sherbet.

So the next time you're fiending for something along the lines of frozen yogurt try some simple sweets from Mother Nature instead.

1 cup Blueberries: 80 cals

3/4 cup Pineapple Chunks: 100 cals

1 cup Sliced Peaches: 50 cals

1 cup Raspberries: 70 cals

Strawberries are good too but harder to chew whole. Buy the sliced ones and 1 cup: 70 cals.

Happy Summer Sucking :)

Comments