This Workout is "In Tents"

Since you probably spent the extended weekend boozing on the beach and BBQing hot dogs why not spend this weekend getting a workout while you clown around.

Because of my recent obsession with mass coupon emails, I stumbled upon an intriguing one hour workout at "Cirque School" in Hollywood. Never one to shy away from the obscure, I ventured into the shady neighborhood of Hollywood and Gower to try my luck on the trapeze.

At first I was a little weary when I arrived at school's discreet entrance, tucked behind a palm readers office which was adorned in marijuana leaves. But upon entering the "big top," I was amazed to find a full functioning circus training center.

The first thing I spotted was a guy juggling five large batons and a unicyclist speeding across the floor. That's when I knew...this place is legit.

Everyday the trainers at Cirque open their doors to fearless fitness buffs looking for a unique workout.

Class begins with a sequence of stretches on stability balls and is followed by a circuit training course. The course consists of a series of stations where your strength will be tested on ariel arts equiptment like ribbons and trapezes. In between learning tricks, you keep the blood flowing with stretches and aerobic drills.


Class culminates with a floor workout incorporating Pilates abs moves.

Though I don't plan on adding this to my regular fitness regimen, it was a great upper body workout and a fun alternative to your average strength training. The Aerial Fitness and Conditioning class costs $25, and they also offer a 90-minute advanced course for $35.


Try it this weekend and bring a friend to snap pics of your circus star debut!

Comments