Eggs in the Office

You may know from previous posts that I eat the same thing for breakfast everyday. Boring to some-out of bed in minutes exciting-for me.

So one day when my work schedule was changed to an ungodly hour where I would no longer have time to eat before, I threw a conniption. How the heck will I get my eggs in the office???

I knew from college that you can cook “Better'n Eggs” and “Only Whites” in the microwave, but unfortunately I think both taste like poison (not to mention being extremely overpriced).

There’s also a downstairs deli that serves scrambles. But I certainly don’t want to pay $2 a white when I eat 6 per morning! I also don’t have the time to be fighting over whether they ignored my request for no oil or butter during the early morning news rush.

Lucky for me, one day I discovered you can cook regular eggs in the microwave.

I’ve been doing it so long that it seems like common sense to me now, and I’m still surprised when every morning (without fail) one of my shocked co-workers questions my cooking.

“Are you making eggs in here?” they ask incredulously.

I figured everyone knew that this was possible but considering the daily questioning, I figured I better tells my blog readers just to be sure.

The process is super easy.


Simply crack your whites into a microwave safe bowl (I use the eco-friendly recycled ones at work).


Pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes on high.



Take it out and stir them up. Pop them back in for 1 minute.



Scoop whites out of bowl and chop them with your fork into a scramble. Whala!


They will taste a little more rubbery than the average stove cooked egg but I guarantee you will like them, and so will your waist.

Steal some salt and pepper from the break room stock and enjoy!

Comments