Fun With Food Processors: Part 1, Froyo


I have been dying to get a food processor for months now. After receiving one faulty device, I finally have a working one at my disposal, and I am so excited to use it!

First on the list of food products to pulverize...frozen bananas.


I recently came across some interesting information about this fabulous fruit; it makes an amazing frozen yogurt substitute.

If you're not already aware, I have a serious fro-yo addiction. I mean, friends are worried.


I justify it by the fact that I only buy the super low-cal, low-carb kind. But, I've been looking for a replacement for a long time.

So with my new toy at hand, I decided to turn a batch of frozen bananas into a fluffy late night treat.

Here's how it works:

Peel two or three small bananas, break them up, put them in a plastic bag, and freeze.


When you're ready to make the yogurt, simply toss the naners in your food processor and go to town.

Mine only has two speeds: Chop and Grind (which seem to do the same thing). I traded off between the two, chop/grinding for about 2 minutes.


After a bit, it begins to look like this.


Keep going...


Ah there it is.


At this point you can choose whether you want to stick with creamy banana flavor, or throw in some flavor. You can try cocoa powder, vanilla protein powder, or (like I did) peanut butter.


Swirl it for a few more seconds and you're good to go. Scoop it into a bowl and top with lite chocolate syrup, sprinkles, or whatever your little heart desires.


It seriously tastes just like fro-yo! Even the b-f gave his seal of approval, and believe me, this guy does not like most of my "healthy" stuff.

Enjoy!

Comments