Fun With Food Processors: Part 2, Nut Butter


I'm sure you've heard that you can make your own nut butter at home. But did you know that it is super easy?

Everything seems to be these days...now that I have my trusty food processor. I imagine this is how the cavemen felt when they discovered fire. It's like, "What?! I could have been doing this the whole time?!"

Anyway, I'll stop gushing about the new love of my life and get to the process.

Nut butter is easy-peasy, but a bit tedious.

Start by simply dumping your raw nut of choice into the processor, and begin grinding. Try a small amount at first, depending on the size of your device.


It's going to take a while, so I hope you don't have any evening plans. Just kidding, but it will take about 15 straight minutes of grinding.


After about 5 your processor may start to fog up like this. Steamy.


At this point the mixture starts sticking. You'll have to stop and scrape down the sides every 30-60 seconds, and keep chugging along.


Once it gets creamy, you're done.


If you want to add a kick to your butter, toss in some stevia/sugar, cinnamon, or nutmeg and swirl for a few more seconds.


Whala! Fresh, fabulous nut butter at your disposal. Much cheaper, and tastier, than the store bought version. It also makes a great hostess or housewarming gift.


I'm nuts for almond butter!

Comments