Whitney's Weigh-Low: Souper Slimmer

I spent the weekend in Las Vegas for my girlfriend Emily's Bachelorette party. It was a blast, as expected, but it left me feeling less than fit.

From dining on fabulous but fatty feasts to downing sugary drinks with naughty names, the festivities had me battling some major belly bulge by Sunday.

So in attempt to flush out my system and deliver a major nutrient dose, I combined three of the healthiest veggies I could find in my fridge, and made a "Super Soup" sure to save me from the sluggish haze the weekend's hijinks had produced.

The Souper Slimmer

1 Large Turnip (115) 6 g fiber, 2 pro
1 C. diced Carrots (50) 3.6 f, 1.2 p
1 Medium Head of Cabbage (227) 22 f, 11.6 p
1/4-1/2 C. Onions (15)
3 C. Vegetable Stock (30)
Garlic Powder
Italian Seasoning

Directions

1. Bring 3 C. water and 3 C. Vegetable Stock to a boil.


2. Dice the carrots and onions, cube the turnip, and shred the cabbage.



3. Add veggies to the boiling stock.


4. Add garlic powder and Italian seasoning to taste. I probably put about two Tbs. of each but it's up to you.


5. Cover pot and bring to a simmer.

6. Simmer for 45 minutes.

Total Calories: 73 per cup (makes about 6 cups)


This soup is awesome because it packs about 5 grams of fiber per cup which will help fill you up, and as I needed, get your digestive system back in working order.

The parsnips also pack a ton of potassium which is great for beating bloat.

Comments