Getting "Red Carpet Ready" For the MTV Movie Awards

Going to events in Hollywood can be a lesson in humility.

There's always a dozen other girls who you are prettier, taller, or skinnier than you. Unless of course you're at Adam Lambert's birthday party in which case the boys are all prettier, taller, and skinnier than you.

So for my first big assignment at SheKnows.com I wanted to be as absolutely "red carpet ready" as I could for the 2011 MTV Movie Awards. No belly bulge or baggy undereyes for me.

The first step in my pre-show procedure was to get an amazing tan the night before...instant slimmer.


For this I dropped into CoverGirl's Beauty Bar at Nine Zero One salon in Hollywood where I got my Fake Bake bronze on.

And look who else was there...


Singer and Disney star Demi Lovato


Dancing with the Stars' Karina Smirnoff and The Hills' Stephanie Pratt


Demi's darling daughter, Rumer Willis

Fake Bake is seriously awesome, even their home application goes on like magic. Highly recommended over here.

Step #2 was a good night's rest.

When I woke in the morning, I headed out for a hard core 1 1/2 hour yoga sesh. Just what Dr. No Buddha Belly ordered.


I followed it up with a healthy bowl of overnight oats, the perfect power breakfast for a long day on the demanding carpet.

A lentil wrap for lunch, and I was off...


And that folks, is how I got red carpet ready.

I know I'll never be Mila Kunis...

...but with these little tips and tricks, I got by!

Comments