Just. My. Luck.

I always miss the coolest things and last night was a prime example.

My friend and former co-worker at E! News and I attended the 100th anniversary of the Beverly Hills Hotel at the Cointreau Summer Soirees poolside.


It was a swanky event with colorful watermelon-tequila cocktails, lobster tacos, and a Frank Sinatra inspired singer. The ambiance was absolutely lovely, but the crowd, eh. Not a celeb in sight! Dita Von Teese was hosting but she was backstage prepping for her burlesque performance.

Photo Credit: Charley Gallay/WireImage

While I love shin-digs as much as the next gal, we were there for the sightings (it is our jobs). So after a good hour of trying to avoid the delicious passed apps (I did dig in a taco or two), we decided to call it a night.

Dress: Zara, Bracelet & Ring: Stella + Dot

 

This morning I awoke to some very disappointing news. No sooner did we leave then Natalie-freaking-Portman and her hubby Benjamin showed up! Oh yeah, and Mary-Louise Parker and Marisa Tomei too. I rarely get starstruck anymore but Natalie Portman is the shiz and I would have given up sushi for a week to have seen her.

Photo Credit: Just Jared

But that's not even the worst part. The worst part is what I was doing instead of hobnobbing with A-listers...

I was stuffing my face with "I'm Coming Out Cake Batter" froyo at Yogurt Stop in Weho.

Fail.

This reminds me of the time in kindergarten when my friend's uncle, a.k.a. Robin Williams, came to pick her up from pre-school. All the teachers and kids had a blast taking pictures with him, and laughing at his jokes. Where was I you ask?

Sleeping, typical.

Or a few weeks ago at my birthday bar crawl when Leonardo DiCaprio showed up to give me a special gift and I had left to go to the next location.

Ok, so that last one didn't actually happen but you get the picture.

Comments