"I'm Like So Green Right Now"

From grass under our feet to plants in our drinks, the three English ladies had a very green day today.
 The morning started off with my mom showing me something cool in L.A. that I didn't even know existed. Go figure.

I credit my mom with getting me into fitness. Growing up, she ran 5 miles every morning for as long as I can remember.

In recent years though, she's switched to the elliptical machine and when she's visiting me here, she goes on long walks around Pan Pacific Park.

Each time she comes back raving about some amazing fitness area there with machines, and how much fun she had meeting the local park inhabitants. Both things made me question her sanity.

I've been to Pan Pacific many times and seen the setup. There are no top of the line TRX machines, and quite a few sketchy characters. Needless to say, I was skeptical of her routine.

After some nagging though, my sis and I decided to join her.

On our walk over, we passed a man shouting things to no one in particular who was being trailed by a security guard. With an open mind though, I forged ahead and joined my mom on the park's first activity, running the stairs.
They were actually pretty hard and I started to get a sweat going. I even found myself enjoying the homeless man sitting on a hill near us, enjoying a "40" and giggling like he was taping a laugh track.

Next we jogged all the way around park to the what I had thought for all this time was some sort of playground. Surprisingly enough though, my mom was right.
PPP has a little area with metal and plastic machines much like those in a weight room. The catch is, they are set up so that the weight you're lifting is your own body weight. Pretty cool.

And though they're not the fancy equiptment you'd find at Equinox, they worked pretty well.

I must say I was impressed. I was also proud that my city offers something like this for free. It's a great way for guys like Giggles (if he sobers up), or anyone who doesn't have money to drop at the gym, to stay in shape.

On a roll from the mornings activities, my sister and I decided to continue our fitness day by hitting up my favorite yoga studio, Up Dog.

 My sister is not big on group fitness but I convinced her to come by tempting her with a post-class bevie from Pressed Juicery. Everyone in Hwood drinks these things. At the Total Recall press junket both Colin Farrell and his publicist had them. Colin was sipping on the "Roots" blend in case you're interested.

Tara is super into vitamins and minerals so juicing is right up her alley. In fact, earlier in the day she even talked me in to buying Chlorophyll supplements which she swears are a natural detoxifier. I'll let you know how they work out.

After we got our sweat on, we both sat in my new eco-friendly Prius chugging "Greens 1" and basking in our healthy glow.
"We're like so green right now," my sister told me, completely serious.

"Yes," I said. "Yes we are."

Comments