My Life = Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law states that anything that can go wrong will. Sometimes I feel like this is the story of my life.
After I posted yesterday, feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, my 6:30 a.m. flight to Charlotte, NC was delayed by two hours.


First, I had to wait on a freezing cold U.S. Airways plane for an hour (I refused to throw down $7 for one of their flimsy blankets. I am positive there is an air conditioning/blanket conspiracy going on). Then we were de-boarded, and I was forced to wait another hour before boarding a new plane. 
To add insult to injury, my carry-on -- brought for quick traveling to and from the set visit, and intended to avoid baggage loss (a very typical occurrence for me) -- was checked at the gate for the first plane.
Considering my history with lost bags, I made sure to inquire with one of the flight attendants whether my suitcase would indeed make it onto my new connecting flight from Charlotte to Wilmington. She assured me it would.

Flash forward to 6 p.m. in Wilmington.... they lost my bag. I then had to head to the Safe Haven set visit to meet hottie Josh Duhamel with grungy, 12-hour-old travel clothes. Yuck.

Luckily, Duhamel was a stone cold professional, completely hiding the fact that he was severely offended by my unsavory appearance. Or perhaps he didn't care; I guess we'll never know.

I can't tell you much more about the visit other than it was a lot of fun. Southport, NC is absolutely adorable. 


All the houses are exactly what you would picture of a small Southern beach town: charming white-washed colonial homes and American flags everywhere.


Safe Haven isn't the first movie to take advantage of this picturesque location. Nicholas Sparks' hit A Walk to Remember, I Know What You Did Last Summer, and Nights in Rodanthe were also shot in Southport.  
But, I diverge. Back to why I seem to have the worst luck in the world.

While hanging out on the set was amazing, our visit ending up running way over schedule. WAY over.

After 8 hours on location, and 10 hours of traveling, I returned to my room around 3:30 a.m.

I popped a Melatonin (natural sleep aid) and attempted to score at least 2 1/2 hours of sleep before I had to head back to the airport for my 7:30 a.m. flight. 

Though I only managed to get about one hour of rest before the front desk called me at 5:16 to alert me that my ride was there, that wasn't the worst part.

The worst part was that I awoke to find my mom had just beat me in our epic Words With Friends battle.

FML.

Comments