Travel Day: "Safe Haven" Set Visit

Though I'm very tired from waking up at 5 a.m. today, I am very excited to be traveling to Southport, North Carolina!

It look so pretty! Unfortunately I won't be doing much sight-seeing. I'm flying in just for one night to attend a set visit for Nicholas Spark's new novel turned chick flick, Safe Haven.

Julianne Hough and Josh Duhamel are starring in the film, and the author himself will be there. 

Tonight I get to watch them film a scene, and then interview Sparks and the cast.

I won't be able to tell you much about the visit, as it is strictly embargoed (media speak for "under wraps") until further notice. If you'd like to contribute any questions for my interviews though, I'll try to squeeze them in and let you know later if I get a response!

For now, here's a little play-by-play of my travel routine.

Step 1: Bring a comfortable carry-all.

Many in my industry choose to travel with fancy luggage.

 Paris Hilton, ugh.

I on the other hand, opt for function over fashion with my sweet new backpack from Ogio, courtesy FRS. This thing fits everything AND has a pocket for my laptop.


Step 2: Fuel up for the journey.


I always eat overnight oats before flying. They're quick in the morning when I'm racing to leave in 15 minutes since I make them the night before, and they keep you full for a long day of traveling.

Step 3: Starbreezy.


Gotta get my buzz on...


Tall latte, half soy/half non-fat milk, 1/2 pump sugar-free vanilla, extra shot of espresso...yum.

Step 4: Always travel with a buddy.

This is my HoodieBuddie.

Earbuds in the hood, Ipod hook-up in the pocket. Perfect travel companion. I'm obsessed with this thing. The sound is actually very clear, it's comfortable, and even washable. You'll never worry about forgetting your headphones again.


See you soon Southport!

Comments