A Bradley Cooper Droolfest and an Arrested Movie Development

Last night I got to attend a movie premiere, not as a member of the press, but as a guest! 
It was fun to enjoy the movie with my friend Claudia and not worry about cramming onto the red carpet to ask Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell when they're actually going to tie the knot. 

Although I am curious...

The premiere was for Hit & Run, Dax's directorial debut that he stars in with his fiance Bell.

Despite not being there to work, I couldn't help snapping a few pics as I walked into the premiere, behind the red carpet with the rest of the common folk of course.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Bradley Cooper was waving at me... or the guy next to me who sat by him inside, but there's really no way to know for sure.
Inside the theater, Claudia and I fueled up on the free concessions. I begrudgingly avoided all the mouth-watering junk food, opting for a no-cal Diet Coke.
Before the screening, Dax introduced the film and told the audience, "This movie couldn't have happened without my beautiful bride." 

Bride??? Supposedly they're not married yet, but that sounded a little official to me.
The flick itself was like a tribute to their relationship, with many emotional scenes and steamy make out sessions.

While it's certainly not an Oscar-worthy flick, it had a few hilarious moments, along with a funny cameo from Jason Bateman.
My only gripe is that while both Kristen and Dax are hardcore vegans, they have like three scenes in the movie where they're eating beef. Not sure why that was necessary.
 
After the movie, we headed over to the after party at the ESPN Zone in L.A. Live where Claudia and I drooled over the array of desserts...
...and the sexy Bradley Cooper.
Though he had hideous blond dreadlocks in the movie, Cooper was clean shaven and trimmed  in person, sporting a slick black leather jacket.

Surprisingly enough, they didn't block off the VIP section from the rest of the party and we were literally rubbing elbows with the cast.

I watched Bradley chilling at his table with friends, eating Chinese Chicken Salad and drinking water (he's reportedly sober).  And we saw Cooper, Shepard, and Bateman have a bromance reunion, right in front of us. I actually had to duck to get out of the pictures being snapped of the trio.

Missing in action though, was Shepard's "bride," Bell. Wonder if they got in a fight in the limo on the way over?

After we'd had our fill of celebrity spotting, Claudia and I decided to call it a night. 

But not before bumping into Bateman again outside.  I just couldn't help myself, and had to tell him how excited I am for the new Arrested Development series on Netflix.
Jason told me they just finished filming the first few episodes and they might be a precursor to an Arrested movie, should they decide to film one.
Fingers crossed, I love me some Tobias!
Never nude!!!

If you like the blog, follow me on Twitter @WhitneyLEnglish

Comments