Bagels That Won't Make You Fat

O. M. F. B. 
I freaking love bagels. I've blogged about it before, and I'll blog about it again... I have the best kept bagel secret in the world.

Let me just preface this by saying that you're lucky I'm sharing this top secret information with you and if my bagels go out of stock because of this, it better be because you're shipping them to my house.

Carb Krunchers makes the most amazing Cinnamon Raisin bagels that are only 135 calories each, no fat, and only 13.7 carbs. No, you don't need glasses. What you are reading is unbelievable, but true.
The reason I'm writing about this again is 1. If you're weren't a past reader then you don't know yet, and EVERYONE needs to know about these. 2. I found a new way to make them taste even better.

I picked up the tastiest almond butter at the Weho Farmer's Market on Melrose Pl. this weekend. At $8 a jar it's a little outrageous, but once you taste it, you'll know why.
This stuff is amazing and has the same amount of calories as normal almond butter (about 180 for 2 tablespoons). It's sweetened with cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and a little honey.

Anyway, I've been using one tablespoon of the Cinnamon Vanilla one on my morning bagel and the flavor is insane. 
It's like a cinnamon roll and a donut had a baby and sent it to fat camp.

If you're not a fan of almond butter, you can still reap the benefits of the bagels by spraying a little "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" on them. And if you don't want to pay $8 for the almond butter above, check out my recipe for a homemade cinnamon and sugar version.

These things are so good that I drive 35 minutes out to the valley just to buy them at Lo Carb U. If you don't live around here, or don't have an eco-friendly gas saver like me, you can buy them online.

Believe me, it's worth it. Not only are these things lo-cal and lo-carb, they also have 7 grams of healthy fiber each.

Sometimes, I eat like three of them a day. So you better try them, before I eat them all.

Comments