How To Video: Beachy Summer Waves

I have never been very good at styling my hair. My mom never taught me how, and I'm guessing she didn't have much of a skill for it either considering she had me sporting a bowl cut for most of my childhood.

As an on-camera reporter though, I've been doing my own hair and makeup for quite a while now and have finally gotten the hang of a few tricks. One of them is curling my hair with a straightener, and a new popular product, a styling wand.

I've actually found that both seem to hold a curl much better for me than a traditional iron, and are much easier to use. But for those who are used to a curling iron, these tools take some getting used to.

At the request of my friend Cristina, who often enlists my assistance in curling her hair, I've recorded a tutorial video for those of you who would like to learn how to curl your hair with a styling wand.

Check it out:



The "Beachwaver" Styling Wand is available here. As you can see in the video, there is a clasp on it you can use but I prefer to just use my hands when wrapping the hair.

Another cheaper wand I have that works great too is this one for $24 from Ulta.

Comments