Katie's Killer Arm Workout

My friend Katie has always been in great shape. 

But when she showed up on my doorstep to visit for the weekend I thought, "What is Madonna doing here, and what has she done with my BFF?"
Katie's guns are deadly!

Actually they're not as out of control as Madonna's, more of a nice balance between Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Aniston's. Either way, I wanted to get in on the action.

So Katie put me to work, showing me her killer arm workout.

Try it for yourself:

-Single arm rows: 15 reps, 3 sets (each arm), 10-15 lb weights

-Alternating arm bicep curls: 30 reps, 3 sets, 5-10 lb weights

-Standing dumbbell flys: 15 reps, 3 sets, 5-10 lb weights

-Dumbbell chest press (lying on weight bench): 15 reps, 3 sets, 12-15 lb weights

-Tricep extension (with cables): 15 reps, 3 sets, 15-20 lbs

It was freaking intense. 

My arms have been killing me all day. If I can gets guns rivaling Cam's though, I'll do what it takes.
After our intense workout, Katie and I refueled on a delicious lunch at Mendocino Farms on 3rd and Fairfax. They have amazing sandwiches and salads.
Beets, avocado, roasted turkey, and crushed almonds, that's my jam.

We were both feeling super healthy and fit from our light lunch and hardcore workout. But then we walked a little farther down 3rd street...
...yeah that happened.

Who can resist their banana pudding?!? I'm only human.

If you like the blog, follow me on Twitter @WhitneyLEnglish and subscribe to my feed in the upper right hand side of the page. Thanks!

Comments