"Tastes Like Lays" Kale Chips

I love chips, and raw kale tastes nothing like chips. So I was very skeptical of the idea of "kale chips."
But people are constantly telling me how good they are, how easy they are to make, and of course, how healthy they are.

So finally, I gave in to the craze and tried making them myself. Boy, am I glad I did. They are sofa king awesome.

Now I know you don't believe me, because I didn't believe anyone else when they said that kale can taste like chips. But it can! 

Try to look past the bright green appearance of these "chips" and imagine the joy of consuming three whole cups of salty, crispy, chewy carbs for a mere 30 calories.

In 15 minutes and with three ingredients, you can be chowing down on this. And, I'm not lying, it totally does taste like a super thin Lay's chip!

It doesn't get better than that.

Ingredients

A bag of Kale
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea Salt
Parmesan (optional)
Garlic (optional)

Directions

1. Set oven to 375.

2. Place kale on a baking sheet and spray with Pam or drizzle with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle with salt and/or Parmesan, garlic, and anything other favorite spices.
4. Bake for 15 minutes.

5. Chow down!

Total Calories: 30 for 3 cups (with Pam and salt), 80 (with 2 teaspoons olive oil)

If you're lazy like I am, you may think, "Hmm, I can just go buy kale chips myself at Whole Foods and save myself the trouble."

Don't do that. 

The store bought chips are covered in weird gooey ingredients intended to make them tastier that actually just mask the natural amazeness they already have. They also aren't as crispy when they are packaged for the store.

It's so easy, do it yourself. Now. Seriously, right now. Yum.
If you like the blog, follow me on Twitter @WhitneyLEnglish and subscribe to my feed in the upper right hand side of the page. Thanks!

Comments