Peach & Love

This weekend my boyfriend and I went to a friend’s wedding in Los Gatos, a charming little town just south of San Jose.
The wedding was absolutely gorgeous.
It was held at this beautiful vineyard in a house that my fellow guests said reminded them of The Great Gatsby. The color scheme was whites and tans, with orchids overflowing everywhere.

This was my first wedding of the season, and I was very excited to break out some new outfits.

It just so happened that my three options for the festivities were all peach colored and each fit perfectly into one of the three events of the trip: welcome drinks, the wedding, and the post-wedding brunch.

For the drinks, I chose a cute little peplum cocktail dress that I’ve been hoarding, just waiting for the perfect occasion. 
I think it was a good choice for this particular event, because it would have been too sexy for the actual wedding. Don’t need the bride’s mom thinking my bf paid for my company.
Accessories: Marc by Marc Jacobs purse; Stella + Dot bracelet

It was a tad bit too tight, however. From now on, I am definitely trying on event outfits pre and post meal, before wearing them out. Let’s just say, one more bite of shrimp and the whole operation would have been a bust.
For the wedding, I went for a bright orange body-hugging dress from Catherine Malandrino. I picked up this little number for a steal at Nordstrom Rack.
The fabric was perfect for a hot summer evening, and when everyone else was dripping sweat in their silks and such, I was glad that I chose breathable cotton.

The material also made it very easy to bust a move on the dance floor, absolutely necessary when you’re dating a man who takes the lyrics to Katy Perry’s “Fireworks” literally.
I chose my new bold statement necklace from Stella + Dot in green to add a fun pop of color to the monochromatic look and one of my favorite hippie gyspy bracelets from lia sophia.

Fortunately for me, I’ve been quite the grandma lately, and got to bed around 11 p.m. Saturday night, leaving me feeling fresh as a daisy Sunday morning for the farewell brunch.
I wore my last peach-hued piece to complete my weekend’s color story, a lacy knee skirt from H&M and the cutesy white tee I bought on Thursday.

I had planned on wearing heels with the ensemble but after creepily peeking out our hotel room’s window to the courtyard below and assessing the brunch attire, chose my go-to gladiator flats.

The ladylike look played well, until of course I went back for thirds and began feeling like I did Friday night.

After the brunch I promptly changed into a baggy tee and shorts for a day of exploring Santa Cruz.

I’d like to think all the walking we did there counteracted the morning’s grub sesh, but I think the mid-day mimosa’s would beg to differ.
My juice cleanse starts today...

...after breakfast of course.

Like the blog? Follow me on Twitter @WhitneyLEnglish

Comments