Rachael Leigh Cook's Lemons

Back in 1999, every girl wanted to be her and every guy wanted to date her. 
Over 10 years later, I still want to be Rachael Leigh Cook. And, if she were single, I'm pretty sure my boyfriend would dump me for her.

But she's not single. She's happily married to super hot Vampire Diaries star Daniel Gilles, with whom she shares three adorable dogs and a sweet Hills home.

Now when I say "I want to be her," it's more with admiration and respect, and less with a "How dare you steal my future husband/wall poster Freddie Prinz Jr.?"

Today I interviewed Rachael at her home and got to see what she's been up to since her She's All That days. Besides her new hit show Perception (which I'm totally Tivoing), she's got two movies coming out this year which you can hear all about when the interview posts on October 1st on SheKnows.
The shoot took longer than usual thanks to some unpredicted noise from a neighbor's gardener, but Rachael was so sweet. 

She didn't fuss about sitting outside in the 90 degree weather sweating balls and she even brought me and the two cameramen ice waters.
Afterwards we took a walk around her backyard, pretending to be casually touring the grounds for the camera. It's called "b-roll" people.

When we came upon her lemon tree, we casually picked some produce and played a little catch. You know, because that's what people do when they see a lemon tree.

As I was leaving, Rachael offered me the fruit to take home.
They are now sitting on my counter, awaiting their imminent rebirth as lemonade for Labor Day.

I've never had a celeb give me anything before... 
...besides of course a headache. 

Rachael Leigh Cook is still totally all that.

Comments