My First Days at Fashion Week

Jacket, Urban Outfitters; Shorts, BCBG; Bag, Marc Jacobs; Shoes, Target (seriously!)

In typical Fashion Week fashion, I'm already exhausted.

I kicked off the fun with dinner Saturday night at Ken & Cook on the Lower East Side with some of my best NYC gals.
In an attempt to abide by the NYFW Diet, we stuck to healthy seafood: salmon, shimp, and oysters. And of course a side of fruit. Sangria counts, right?

Sunday started with a quintessential New York morning activity, walking Central Park.
Of course, I grabbed my usual from Starbucks first.

After a brisk walk, I pulled out my savvy traveler skills and scored a free week-long pass to the gym. Gotta hit the gym, even on vacay.

Here's the trick:

Go to your preferred gym's website and they should have a section that says, "try it for free."

Print out a pass and bring it to the gym.

They will likely tell you, "You have to have a valid local I.D."

Smile wide and reply, "I just moved here from blah, blah, blah and heard great things about your establishment. I would love for it to be my new gym."

Enjoy your free week...after a boring tour of course.

Keep in mind you can only pull this fast once per company, they keep your email info on file.

After a quick workout I hit up the "Get Glam Fashion Lounge" at the Empire Hotel, where I was treated to a much needed make-up touch up.
You see I had a bit of an incident during my Fashion Week prep. I attempted to do my own facial waxing which left me with some pretty serious burns/scabs. After my spray tan then darkened the marks, it took a lot of concealor to, well, conceal them.

The enevitable result was that my face didn't match my body color. Sorta like this...
Not cute.

I also checked loads of adorable baubles from stella & dot, always a fashion do...
...and picked up some much needed shoe insoles from Foot Petals. I promptly stuck them in my new leopard print kicks to prevent blisters.

For lunch I headed over to the W hotel for the Simply Stylist luncheon with I AM THAT GIRL.
If you haven't heard of it before, I AM THAT GIRL is a non-profit company dedicated to empowering women and encouraging us to lift each other up instead of judging, criticizing, and belittling (a good thing to keep in mind in a competitive atmosphere like Fashion Week).

I finished the day with dinner and a show, with a view.
My co-worker Catherine and I checked out some cool up-and-coming designers at the GenArt Fresh Faces in Fashion show at the Chelsea Pier, where we drooled over a couple of cute dresses.
 
Then we grabbed a bite near the highline and watched the sun set over this gorgeous city.

I couldn't sleep a wink last night (me and hotel beds just don't mix) so although I'm feeling pretty beat. I need to sack it up though, as today starts our first full day of shows.

Wish us luck!

Comments