The New York Fashion Week Diet

Have you heard about it?
 
Apparently women have been starving themselves since late-Spring in anticipation of this weeklong fashion fest.  I unfortunately didn't get the memo until yesterday, so mine started last night, after a sushi and froyo binge, of course. Ok, so maybe I'll start today.
 
According to CNN, it's not just the models that spend weeks preparing for this who's who celebration in NYC. Publicists, editors, and fashion bloggers alike feel the pressure to compete with the clothes horses, and drop weight like it's 98'.
 
I guess when most women you'll be interacting with for a full week will be 5'10" leggy models, the average woman might feel a little inadequate. I certainly got self-consicous Thursday night when some photographers were snapping away at a group of Kate Moss look-alikes, while my friend and I stood in the corner rationing our champange and asking if they had this "in a bigger size."
 
But starving yourself for a single event, instead of slowly and safely losing weight through a balanced diet, is ludacrious. And I know that.
 
Still, it's hard to acknowlege that when you're standing next to Isabel Lucas in the airport.
 
Weight In:
 
Are you at New York Fashion Week? Did you try and/or succeed in dropping weight for the occasion? Or do you think the NYFW Diet is stupid. Are you like, F-that. In the words of the Jersey Shore cast, "I'm going do me, you do you."
 
Let me know!
 
And follow me on Twitter for more Fashion Week fun.

Comments