VMA's vs. Fashion's Night Out

Decisions, decisions. From the MTV Video Music Awards in downtown L.A. to Fashion's Night Out going on coast to coast, it was hard to decide what parties to hit up last night. There was just so much going on!
Since I didn't have to cover the red carpet at the VMA's and I didn't have a ticket to the show (I'm pretty sure it got lost in the mail), I decided to go the girly route and shop till I dropped with my girl Claudia.
Fashion's Night Out is a yearly event where big cities like LA, New York, Chicago, etc., celebrate fashion by throwing parties across the city, typically with food, booze, and super sales.

Here on the west coast, we started by checking out the revelry along Robertson Blvd. Clearly the Beverly Hills P.D. was concerned about some fashionistas having a little too much fun, as they had a sobriety check point right by the boulevard.

Things were a little to wild over there so we decided to pop over to Melrose next.

At Theory they had some sick leather jackets that I REALLY wanted. Unfortunately they were about $1000 each, and the only way I'm getting one is if I sell a kidney. Any takers?

Next door at Kelly Wearstler I couldn't afford anything either, but we had a nice time trying on jewelry, sipping champagne, and pretending to be uber-stylish.

As we left I got a free Pressed Juicery Watermelon Mint bevy. All in all, I'd say it was a success.
I didn't completely avoid the VMA festivities though.

Earlier in the day I visited the X-Box 360 lounge at the Ritz Carlton Residences near the Nokia theater where the show was going down.
And you're never going to believe who I saw there...The Fab Five!
Even though these gals are only like 16-years-old, they looked like sophisticated little ladies, dressed to kill and posing like seasoned pros. People at the lounge were going nuts over them, with grown men literally pushing people out of the way to grab a pic with the girls.

Closer to their age, the boys of The Wanted (who were up for Best New Artist) even seemed a little starstruck.
I chatted with them after their photo-op and found out what other celebs they're gaga for. Read my Q&A on SheKnows: The Wanted talks VMA's collaborations, and Max's birthday.

I was kind of bummed I wasn't in NYC last night for FNO, but I am headed there on Saturday for a full week of fashion activities, so that makes up for it.

In the meantime, I'll be sure to keep you posted on the status of my Theory jacket/kidney exchange and whether or not that interferes with any of my Fashion Week plans.

Comments