My Pumpkin Pie Milkshake...

...brings all the boys to the yard (sorry, I HAD to).

I'm so out of the loop. 

Usually by this time of year I've already had several pumpkin overdoses and am well on my way to abusing massive amounts of pre-Thanksgiving turkey.

But because I was on the other side of the hemisphere all month where it's just approaching summer, I missed out on all the fab pumpkin recipes hitting the blogosphere lately.

So get back in the Halloween spirit, this week I broke out my trusty old Pumpkin Pie Shake recipe. 

I've added a few additions to the recipe though to make it a little more substantial.

I guarantee this healthy dessert will give you the pumpkin fix you've been craving this season.

Pumpkin Pie Milkshake

Ingredients

1/2 C. Pumpkin Puree (40 cals)
1 C. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (40 c)
1 Frozen Banana (80 c)
1/2 t. Cinnamon 
Pinch of Nutmeg
Pinch of Ginger
Ice

Directions

1. At least 12 hours before, peel a ripe banana (the riper the better), put it in a freezer bag, and freeze. You should be doing this all the times anyways. I always have a bag of overripe half brown bananas chilling in my freezer. So many options for them: smoothies, bread, pancakes, etc.

2. Combine all ingredients in a blender, food processor, or Magic Bullet and puree. 

3. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy!
Total Calories: 160

Add a scoop of protein powder for post-workout shake. I like Aria (80 c).

If you make it, the boys will definitely come....by Wednesday...in costume...but they'll all be under 12.
Damn right, it's better than yours.

Comments