Christmastime Tea Latte

Ah the holiday season...vegan, gluten-free, fat-free, gingerbread men at Erewhon, Ryan Seacrest singing Jingle Bells on the radio, and the fake snow at The Grove falling into your meal at Gordon Ramsay's new restaurant Fat Cow (Fab BTW. Not the fake snow in your food, the veggie burger).

Gotta love Christmastime in Los Angeles.

To add one more fabulous LA-esque hybrid to your holiday list, Eggnog Tea. My friend Gigi gave me this the other day and I am obsessed. What a wonderful way to add some holiday flavor to my mornings without costing me 343 calories a cup.
Bigelow's Eggnogg'n Tea is a blend of black and green tea with hints of eggnog and cinnamon flavor. It's perfect for those who are weaning themselves off coffee or don't want to spare 240 calories for a grande Starbucks Chai Tea Latte.
I think it's fabulous on it's own, but to transform this into a "Latte Tea," just heat (or steam if you have an espresso machine) about a 1/4 to a 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and mix with your hot tea. Add a little ground cinnamon, a cinnamon stick, and stevia (or splenda) to punch up the sweet factor if needed. And as an added bonus, cinnamon reportedly boosts metabolism. It's a win-cin.
Eggnogg'n is available at any normal store (Ralphs, Target, Whole Foods, etc). They also have a bunch of other fun holiday flavors like Sweetheart Cinnamon, White Chocolate Kisses, Pumpkin Spice, Ginger Snappish, and Apple Cider. I haven't tried them yet, but definitely plan to.
I'm thinking Christmas caroling around my neighborhood with White Chocolate Kisses and Bailey's...yum...who's in?! 

On second though, I live in a predominately orthodox Jewish hood, perhaps we'll throw in the Dreidel song.

Mazel Tov!

Comments