If Soul Cycle and Pilates Platinum Had a Baby...

I have to apologize guys, I have been holding out on you. For the past three months I have been completely obsessed with a new workout that is changing my life (or body I should say, but they're one in the same right?). This is seriously my favorite new workout and you must try it.

So the answer to the above question is: If Soul Cycle and Pilates Platinum had a baby, it would be...Cycleates.

Cyclelates is an amazing cycling and Pilates reformer class. This awesome hybrid gives you the cardio burn you need from cycling, meshed with a challenging strength training workout. Their keystone class is a combo of 35 minutes of Pilates, followed by 25 minutes of cycling.
I have personally never been a huge fan of cycling as I have an extremely bony butt that doesn't mix well with cycling seats. I'm also kind of a wimp, so an hour of cycling is pretty daunting for me.

However, unlike SoulCycle that requires you to put up with an hour of hardcore exercise in a dark, loud, steamy room (which makes you feel like you're at the Electric Daisy Carnival with Paris Hilton), Cyclelates gives you an intense workout without the hype. They play fabulous music (think all your favorite hits from Passion Pit to Pitbull) at a heart-pumping, but not obnoxious, volume. Just yesterday they played the Harlem Shake, if that doesn't get you in the mood to torch calories, nothing will.

And they have something for everyone. If you are a die hard cyclist, you can take the full 55-minute Cycle Remix class. If you are like me, and not a big bike enthusiast, you can skip the cycling and take the 55-minute Group Reformer class. Or, you can comprise, and try the combo Cyclelates class. Even I can handle a quick 25 minutes.

In the three months that I have been taking classes there, I have noticed my arms have more definition and my overall strength has increased. And I love that it tones, without bulking. Like yoga, it also helps increase your flexibility by creating long, lean muscles.
The best part...your first class is only $5. After that you can sign up for a monthly unlimited plan, which if you sign up with a friend, is only $99. My favorite instructors are Bambi, the creator, and Lulu. Be sure to give them a shout out if you stop by.

Cyclelates is located at Sunset and Vine.

**And as an added bonus, they also have spray tanning! So once you have sculpted your new beach body, you can emphasize it with an awesome tan.**

For more fitness, food, and fun, follow me on Twitter @WhitneyLEnglish

Note: This post was not influenced by anyone from Cyclelates. I am a paying customer who just felt the need to spread the love about this awesome studio!

Comments