WIAW: Citrusy Spring Scallops

Happy "What I Ate Wednesday" folks! Today's menu is coming from Monday. In honor of the Peas & Crayons  WIAW monthly theme, "Love Your Veggies," I tried to pack in some potent antioxidants in the day's meal by way of butternut squash, brussels sprouts, and spinach. Be sure to head over to Jenn's blog for tons of other bloggers fabulous recipes.
Before we get started, I have some news!

1. The blog is getting a makeover. So anyone who is sick of this difficult to navigate picture motif, it's getting better soon! Stay tuned. 

2. This is some very devastating news...the Carb Crunchers bagels that I am so obsessed with (and that many of you have caught on to as well) is going out of business. I went to Lo Carb U last week and there were three measly bags left. Naturally, I scooped them up before being informed that these would be my last. Someone needs to re-create the recipe! Let me know if you're up to the task, I'll be your biggest supporter. In the meantime, a good alternative is Western Bagel Company's Perfect 10.

 Now, time to be inspired to love YOUR veggies.

Breakfast
Ok, so there's no veggies here....just the usual six egg whites, my second to last bagel (sob, sob), and a cup of coffee.

Lunch
A delicious butternut squash, lentil, spinach, and whole-wheat tortilla wrap. All ingredients from Trader Joe's. For your wrap, I like TJ's Whole Grain Flour Tortillas, only 120 calories and 4 grams of fiber. Learn how to bake your own butternut squash.

Dinner
Citrusy Spring Scallops, a baked sweet potato with fat-free greek yogurt, and balsamic roasted brussels sprouts.

Scallops are my jam, and they are sooo easy to make. Try the recipe...

Citrusy Spring Scallops
 
1. Simply grill six colossal diver scallops (if you're cooking for two) in a saucepan with a half tablespoon of olive oil for four minutes per side on medium-high heat. Then toss them around a bit to get the other sides.

2. Turn down the heat to low. In a bowl, whisk together 1/4 C. Orange Champagne Vinegar (you can find it at TJ's) and a tablespoon of Coriander.
3. Add the mixture to the scallops and stir over low heat until the sauce gets thick and sticky, mmmm.
4. Serve with some yummy veggies! 

Brussels recipe here.
"Baked" Sweet Potato recipe here.

This is a great recipe to make for guests because it's very low maintenance, but it also looks and tastes impressive. AND, the entire scallops dish is a mere 150 calories with the "sauce."

For more fab recipes, celebrity gossip, and fitness fun, follow me on Twitter @WhitneyLEnglish

Comments