Desperately Seeking Cookies In Silverlake

Although the blog is titled "To Live and Diet in L.A." most of my dietary demands can usually be met right near my West Hollywood home. However, yesterday afternoon my never ending quest for low-calorie cookies took me out of my cushy WeHo comfort zone, and into the seemingly far away nooks of Silverlake to bring you Nutridel.

I first read about these "too good to be true" treats on the ultimate website for diet food critics, I Ate A Pie. I was so excited to try them but disappointed they are only carried at two coffee shops in Silverlake. But after making the trek and trying them out, I am glad I did!

They come in four flavors: Oatmeal, Flaxseed, Pecan, and Almond and are only 60 calories each!

Each package contains two CD sized "cookies" made of wholesome ingredients like whole wheat flour, oats, wheat bran, amaranth (herbs), and a bit of molasses. They are practically fat-free and have 2-3 grams of fiber each with only 4 grams of sugar.

You can order them online in packs of 16 at the Nutridel website, or take a trip out to "The Coffee Table" in Silverlake.

The only one I haven't tried yet is the Flaxseed but so far they are all amazing. My favorite is Almond. They are great for a mid-morning/afternoon snack, late night dessert, or to crush up and sprinkle over a bowl of yogurt.

Comments