Weigh Low: Chocolate Cranberry Christmas Cookies


Merry Christmas readers!

I hope everyone is having a fabulous holiday season filled with love from friends and family.

Tonight I'm headed to my grandparents house for what will undoubtedly be an extravagant dinner. And although my Grandpa's wife is very good at accommodating my ridiculous nutritional requests, dessert is still a territory that she keeps traditional for those of us not obsessed with eating healthy.

So to ensure that there will be something sweet for me to snack on, I'm bringing my own baked goods.

Cranberry Chocolate Christmas Cookies


Ingredients

2/3 C. Applesauce (66 cals)
2/3 C. Brown Sugar (550)
3 Egg Whites (51)
1 1/2 C. Oats (450)
1 1/2 C. Whole Wheat Flour (600)
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 C. Crasins (200)
1/4 C. Dark Chocolate Chips (280)

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Combine wet ingredients in one bowl, dry in the other (minus Crasins and chocolate). Then mix the two together.


3. Add Crasins and chocolate to the mix.

4. Spray cookie sheet with Pam and bake for 8 minutes.


Total Calories: about 60 each, makes 35 cookies.

Save some for Santa :)

Comments