Tuesday Reading Roundup


Some of you noticed that although I announced on Facebook that I've been out of the country for the past week and a half, I have still been posting (though infrequently). I'll let you in on a little secret: scheduled posting. This explains why I've been talking about food-processed fro-yo while I've really been slurping Pina Coladas in Honduras! Hey, I was on vacation :)

Anyway, I just wanted to keep you abreast as to why the posts have been slacking a little lately. This week is pretty busy catching up on work, so I apologize in advance if the posts aren't back up to par.

To keep you in a healthy mind-set though while I'm getting back into the daily grind, here's a roundup of some interesting reads on the web today:

5 Reasons to Not Quit Coffee (EatingWell.com) Everyone is always boasting the benefits of quitting caffeine. Here's some reasons why you don't have to for all you java junkies out there.


Plant Oil May Reduce Belly Flab (ScienceDaily.com) A new study shows that a plant oil, similar to vegetable oil, could reduce belly fat and obesity related illnesses. It's only been tested on rats so far, so human use may be far off though.

Why Thinking McDonald's Oatmeal is Healthy is an Awful Misconception (MindBodyGreen.com) A shocking diagram displaying the truth about this "healthy" fast-food faker.

Recipe for "Glowing Sunshine Juice" (OhSheGlows.com) I think my next kitchen purchase will be a juicer...


Non-Soy Protein Powder Roundup (thatsfit.com) A list of 10 fabulous protein powders to toss in your next smoothie. My favorite, Ariva, isn't on the list (but you can get it at Ralphs and Trader Joes).

Comments