My Milkshake Brings All the Boys to the Yard


Although I loved the bean burgers and fries I had last week, something was missing...

You can't say you have a classic American "happy meal" with out a creamy milkshake!

So I set out to find the perfect healthy ice cream drink to compliment my new favorite meal. I know, I know. Healthy and ice cream really don't belong in the same sentence together.

So as always, I turned to vegan chef genius Angela for some ideas on how to get a delicious milkshake without putting on weight.

What I found was an amazing recipe emulating Dairy Queen's famous "blizzard."


I called mine the Chunky Monkey Monster-Shake.

The chunks are vegan cookie dough and the monkey is the ice cream like frozen banana puree (you may remember from Fun With Food Processors: Part 1).

Cookie Dough

-1/2 C. Cashews (320)
-1/4 C. Oats (75)
-1/4 C. Whole Wheat Flour (100)
-1.5 Tbs. Sugar (I used a Stevia blend)
-1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
-2 Tbs. Maple Syrup (100)
-1/4 C. Chocolate Chips (80)
-Pinch of salt

Directions:

1. Combine the cashews and oats in a food processor.



2. Add flour, sugar, and salt.



3. Add syrup and vanilla.



5. Add Chocolate chips. It should end up turning into a big sticky ball.



6. Mold into a bunch of little bowls. Freeze for about an hour before making blizzard.



Total Calories: about 45 a ball (makes about 15 balls)

Chunky Monkey Monster-Shake

-Cookie Dough Balls
-3 Frozen Bananas
-Splash of milk

Directions:

1. Process the bananas until creamy.



2. Add about 6 balls, process again.



3. Add a splash of milk.

4. Serve in glass with more balls to garnish.



Total Calories: 255 per serving (2 servings, without added balls)

Enjoy while listening to Kelis!

Comments