Soaking Up the Pre-Summer Sun


Hooray, it's Friday!

This is one of the first weekends in a long time that I have not been out of town.
And with the forecast predicting highs in the 70's and 80's, I am so excited to finally get back to some of my favorite outdoor activities.

L.A. has so many awesome exercise opportunities that don't cost a dime. Here's what I'm thinking for this weekend, feel free copy if you like...

SATURDAY


-Early Morning Tennis Match.

With an abundance of parks and schools with courts open to the public, a game of singles on a Saturday is quick, easy, and cheap.

For a 125 lb person, tennis burns about 170 calories per half hour, not bad!

If you don't have a racket, you can grab one for only $15 at Target. Perfect for a beginner just looking for fun and fitness.


Pre-Beach Brunching

Breakfast patios across town are always packed on sunny days. And with no shortage of healthy and organic options, brunch is a great time to catch up with pals and fuel up on fresh eats for your day.

Some amazing spots around town include: Toast, M Cafe, Hugo's, Marmalade Cafe, and Larchmont Bungalow. You can usually find me at one of them!


Kicking Up Sand

I can't even recall the last time I've been to the beach, besides in Honduras. So I'm psyched to hit the sand.

But for me a beach day doesn't mean reading and relaxing.

I'll be there to torch some calories with a high voltage game of volleyball. An hour of beach volleyball burns around 500 cals!

Head to the courts early to secure a spot or join a game of pick-up.

SUNDAY


Hiking the Hills

Hollywood, Griffith Park, Santa Monica...you name it, there's places to climb.

I'm not sure which spot I'll pick for this Sunday, but I will be sure to let you know what I decide on next week.

Don't worry though, obviously I'm not going to leave you hanging! Here's my recommendations for you to try this weekend:

A Magical Hike in Malibu

A Super Secret Waterfall

An Old Hollywood Haunt

Have a great weekend!

Comments