Super Simple 2-Minute Tuscan Chicken

I wasn't feeling too hot yesterday so I decided to forgo any Golden Globes' festivities last night and spend the night at home with my two main men. 
While I am pretty bummed I missed out on seeing Leonardo DiCaprio at the Weinstein party (yeah, I actually scored an invite this year)...
...I loved watching the show from the comfort of my own home and not having to bare my bod in the extreme cold. 
I can't even imagine how Katherine McPhee felt, I'm cold just looking at her! (Photo credit: Styleite)

For dinner I made a delicious, and seemly difficult dish, which actually only took me about two minutes of prep time. A friend recently asked for more recipes like this that are easy, quick, and require few ingredients. These are my speciality.

I love things that seem like you put a ton of time and effort into them, but are really super simple. I actually just came up with it after looking in the fridge to see what was left from the week, and just threw it together. The tapenade did all the work, and it turned out fabulous! 

This dish totally beat what they were serving at the Critic's Choice Awards on Thursday.

Super Simple 2-Minute Tuscan Chicken

Ingredients

2 Chicken Breasts (approx. 4 ounces, 127 cals each)
Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper & Artichoke Tapenade (40 cals for 4 T.)
Reduced Fat Cheese or Almond Cheese (60 cals for 1/4 C.)

Directions

1. Set oven to 350.

2. Place chicken in a baking dish and coat each breast with about 4 tablespoons of TJ's tapenade.
3. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.

4. Remove from oven, sprinkle each breast with about 1/4 C. cheese. 

5. Return to oven for 5-10 minutes.

6. Serve with some veggies and a whole grain side.
Total Calories: 227 per breast

Eat a healthy meal like this every night for the next month and you'll be ready to sport one of those super revealing Golden Globes gowns by Valentine's Day!

Follow me on Twitter @WhitneyLEnglish for great recipes, celebrity news, and more!

Comments