The "Music While Running" Controversy


So here's something I wish I had heard before I started running. Silly me, I just ASSUMED that you could listen to music while you run. How foolish of me! Apparently there's a big controversy in the running world about listening to music while you run. Many people argue that you shouldn't, that it will interfere with your run, that its better to listen to nature and whatnot...some even go so far as to say that it's dangerous (in the case of road running or urban running). Others (the camp I have fallen into) say that running while listening to music can help improve the quality of your run and help make it a more enjoyable experience. There is nothing I love more when I'm on a run than a power song coming on and feeling a surge of energy hit my stride (Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis is a PERFECT example).
Read more »

Comments